LDP-9224D Handset Key Features Guide
- LCD Screen: Displays your phones status, dialing directories, and text message information.
- Soft keys: Soft keys are interactive, changing function based on the phones status.
- Direction keys: use direction keys to scroll through the soft key menu.
- Flash button: use the flash button to dial straight out to another line once you have finished a call.
- Speed: assign or use assigned speed dial numbers.
- Trans/PGM: transfer the current active call or access the Program menu while the phone is idle.
- Directory: Accesses your private or public directory for peed dialing.
- DND (Do-Not-Disturb): blocks incoming calls. You can also activate Do-Not-Disturb while the phone is ringing. Use to allow you to forward all calls to another number
- Call Back: when a light shows on the call back button this indicates you have a message, use to access your Voice Mailbox.
- Mute: mute the call so that the caller cannot hear your voice.
- Hold/Save: Use to place a call on Hold. Also, use to access a held call. In menu mode, it saves your inputs.
- Headset: when a headset is connected, toggle call between headset and speaker.
- Flexible Button (‘Flex key’): a line or feature can be assigned to these 24 flexible buttons – ask your system administrator for help.
- Volume control: adjust the ring, headset, handset, and speaker volume.
- Speakerphone: toggle the speakerphone on and off during a call. The button will automatically illuminate when the phone is in menu mode.
Dealing With Calls
Answering an Incoming Call
Lift the handset or press the flashing Flex button (as needed), the call will be connected.
You may also use pick up codes assigned by your installer engineer to answer other ringing handsets from your desk phone.
To answer a call on another extension that is programmed to one of the phones 24 flex keys, press the flashing flex key before lifting the handset.
Making An External Call
Lift the handset and press a free flex key allocated to a line, or dial 9 to pick up an outside line. Once you have an outside line, dial your number.
Making an Internal Call
Lift the handset. Dial the extension Number or press the flex key assigned to the contact.
Rejecting A Call
Press the DND button when a call comes in – the caller will get a busy tone.
Placing A Call On Hold
During a call, press the Hold/Savebutton.
To reconnect the call, press the flashing line key.
Quick Access Call Tools
Lift the handset
Press the Speedbutton
Dial the desired System or Station Speed Dial number
Last Number Redial (LNR)
The last number dialed on an external call is automatically saved in the Last Number Redial
Register redial to a flex button.
Lift the handset.
Press the speed button Dial *
Select the Redial flex key
Use the Volume keys to select from the last numbers dialed or received Press the OK soft button or Hold/Savebutton
When dialing an extension that is engaged, the Camp On feature allows the station to be notified that there is a call waiting. If the called party is busy, you may activate Camp-On which allows you to wait off-hook for the called station to answer.
Press * and await an answer.
Transferring A Call
Transferring A Call
During an active call, press the Transfer button
Call the required recipients number
For unscreened Call Transfer simply hang-up
For screened Call Transfer, when the call is answered, announce the call and hang-up
Returning To Caller From A Transfer
Press the flashing line key or press trans/PGM.
Makes your extension unavailable.
Press the DND key to activate.
Press the DND key again to deactivate.
Ad Hoc Conference Calls
3 way calling
Establish a call with one of the desired conference parties, Select the conf soft button
Establish call with the other conference party,
Press the conf soft button to establish the conference.
To place a conference call on hold, press the Hold/Save button. Press again to retrieve the conference.