LIP-9071 Handset User GuideOn-premise & cloud compatible
- Touchscreen: displays features such as extension numbers, video call, recent calls, and applications.
- Camera: built-in HD camera used to take photos and for use during video calls.
- Ring LED: Flashing light indicates phone ringing and voicemails.
- NFC tagging: tap your phone on the Near Field Communications touch point.
- Home: return to the Home screen.
- Menu: access the settings for your phone, such as changing the font and display or changing the configuration.
- Back: return to the previous screen.
- ECO: Economy mode, turn the screen off.
- Transfer: used to transfer a call to another destination.
- DND (Do-Not-Disturb): blocks incoming calls. You can also activate Do-Not-Disturb while the phone is ringing – this terminates the call and the caller will get a fast busy tone.
- Message: access your voicemail box.
- Hold: place a call on hold – dependent on PBX set up, the caller will receive on-hold music.
- Headset: if a headset is plugged in this button allows you to toggle between the headset and handset.
- Mute: mute the call so that the caller cannot hear your voice.
- Soft keys: Soft keys are interactive, changing function based on the phones status.
- Volume control: adjust the Ring, Headset, Handset, and Speaker volume.
- Speakerphone: toggle the speakerphone On and Off during a call. The button will automatically illuminate when the phone is in menu mode.
- Microphone: Use to receive speech during handsfree call.
Dealing With Calls
Answering an Incoming Call
To answer the call, lift the handset or press the speakerphone button.
Making An External Call
LIP-9071 has a “’live dial pad’ which means you do not need to lift the handset or press the Speakerphone button to start a call. To place a call, dial the desired number. Outgoing calls can also be placed from the contacts, logs as well as speed dial.
Making an Internal Call
Lift the handset. Dial the extension Number or press the flex key assigned to the contact.
Placing A Call On Hold
press Hold button, the button will light to indicate there is a held call.
Rejecting A Call
Press the DND button when a call comes in – the caller will get a busy tone.
Transferring A Call
Transferring A Call
Press the transfer button or TRANS soft key on the touch screen display. Dial the extension number, external number or press the programmed flex key. Either speak to the recipient to announce the call, or simply hang up.
Returning To Caller From A Transfer
Press the transfer key to return to caller.
Quick Access Call Tools
On the screen reached from the telephone icon from the default home screen,
Press the Speed button twice (located on the bottom right of the LCD screen, phone with lightening bolt icon). Press ICM option to dial an internal contact, station speed name (personal speed dial list) or system speed name (this takes you through to the main system database).
Press the desired name to connect a call.
For information on searching for contacts using alphanumeric function refer to the full handset user
Press the pickup soft key to answer a call ringing on a different station (system config required). (if you do not have this option on the touchscreen display, press the home button, followed by the telephone icon).
The menu soft key gives you access to the phones key set up features such as contacts, call logs, settings calendar, clock and camera. (if you do not have this option on the touchscreen display, press the home button, followed by the telephone icon).
Last Number Redial (LNR)
From the touchscreen, press the redial soft key to display the last numbers dialled. Select required number and press send to initiate the call. (if you do not have this option on the touchscreen display, press the home button, followed by the telephone icon).
When dialing an extension that is engaged, the Camp On feature allows the station to be notified that there is a call waiting. If the called party is busy, you may activate Camp-On which allows you to wait off-hook for the called station to answer.
Press * and await an answer.
Makes your extension unavailable.
Press the DND key to activate.
Press the DND key again to deactivate.
Redialing A Number
To access recent calls, press menu followed by call log. (if you do not have this option on the touchscreen display, press the home button, followed by the telephone icon)
To start a conference call:
- Place/receive first call as usual.
- Touch the CONF soft button.
- Place next call and press the CONF soft button.
- Repeat step 3 for additional parties.
- Press the CONF soft button twice to connect all parties.
Once a voice call is established you can initiate or accept a video call.
To start or respond to a Video Call invitation, press the Video Start button, which will open the Video Call window.
Soft menu buttons display include, Video Stop/Start: pause and restart video transmission. Press Conf to initiate a voice conference.
Setting Up Wi-Fi
Connect Wi-Fi dongle to device’s USB port to use Wi-Fi.*
Then connect to a wireless access point, or “hotspot.”
- Touch Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi.
- Slide the Wi-Fi switch to the on position.
- The device scans for available Wi-Fi networks and displays the names of those it finds. Secured networks are indicated with a Lock icon. If the device finds a network that you have connected to previously, it automatically connects to it.
- Touch a network name to see more details or connect to it, and type a password if necessary.
Or, if your Wi-Fi router supports Wi-Fi Protected setup, touch the WPs icon on your tablet, and then touch the same button on your router.
*Not all dongles supported. Contact your service provider for more information.
Add A New Wi-Fi Network
You can add a Wi-Fi network so that your device will remember it, along with any security credentials, and connect to it automatically when it’s in range. You must also add a Wi-Fi network if the network does not broadcast its name (SSID), or to add a Wi-Fi network when you are out of range.
Browsing the Internet
Browsing the internet
To access the full cababilites of an internet browser including your emails directly from your LIP-9071 phone, press home, press the apps key to access the application screen containing browser, camera, play store, messaging and more.